Followers

Monday, December 3, 2012

Argument essay


Naomi Johnson                                         12/3/12
Class: 812
I think child soldiers are victims they are brainwashed to think killing is okay and have been taken advantage by all commanders and even parents who sell their children in to war because of poverty.
         Child soldiers are victims. They have been manipulated, treated unfairly, and not given the respect a human being should. But most of all they are taken advantage of by parents and commanders. A commander says, “They do not complain, they do not expect to be paid and if you tell them to kill they kill. “Child soldiers are ideal”. This shows how commanders are taken advantage of child soldiers.
         After kidnapped child soldiers are brainwashed with no memory of family or friends. They start to forget who they truly are. “ I will cut them,” says 15 years old child soldier. “ Killing became as easy as drinking water “says 13 year old Beah. As reading this I felt queasy inside, it scares me to now that just after a year of killing, some children have adapted to the lifestyle of a murderer.
         MANY CHILDREN know killing isn’t okay so why should they be forced to kill? They’ve seen enough by watching their parents being murdered. “They killed my mother and father in front of my eyes” if my parents were killed in front of my eyes I wouldn’t know what to do, weather to hide, cry, or fight back.  Killing is not easy for a child to watch. So why should it be okay for children to commit the crime, it’s sickening. Adapting to a new way of life is never easy. “ The first time I killed someone I got sick, I thought I was going to die,” says a child soldier.
         ‘ Perhaps history will look back upon this period as an aberration, a phrase when moral norms broke down but were then restored”. I really hope that in the future history will look back at this and realize all of the bad it has done, and what we could have done to prevent it. Why aren’t we taking action and how can I take action. What will Obama do to prevent this situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment