Followers

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Chile



I felt the ground rumbling under my bare feet. The filthy air found its way through my system, and the salty sweat continuously dripped down the side of my face. My heart pounding, my body pacing back and forth, I don’t have much longer to live. I know that I will die within the next few hours. With no water, no food, and no shelter. WE’RE just another clueless family with nothing left of our memory.  
I couldn't believe what I was seeing and feeling.  If I ever needed my dad one time in my life it’s now.    If only he were there for me all of those other times, then maybe, just maybe, I would know what the hell I am supposed to be doing.
One crazy and unusually hot day, an event occurred that changed the face of the earth forever!  This event took place in South America in 1960.  The event was so powerful; it changed the country’s way of living.  This event was called.............WAIT!!  I can’t tell you now because it’s too early in the story, but read on if you dare!!  This event was called the Chilean Earthquake.
On this very day, a preacher came to the city of Chile.  When he arrived he knew something was wrong right away.  He noticed a lot of hatred, expressed by extremely unkind words!!!!!  He thought the world was falling into pieces, so he tried to do something about it.  He typed up an appeal speech within a half hour and printed many copies.  He went around Chile and posted the speeches in many places within the 2 and half hours.  By then it was about 3pm.
Before I go on and tell you what happened, I think that I should clear up a few things first. My name is Tyler I am a boy, and I am 9 years old. My parents are divorced and live in different parts of my country, Chile. Originally, we all lived together in the capital city, Santiago. We would still be living there today, but my parents got divorced, and a little afterwards, our house burned down. Now, my mother lives in La Serena, in the northern part of Chile, and my father lives in Tierra del Fuego, in the southern part of Chile.
On this very day, a preacher came to the city of Chile.  When he arrived he knew something was wrong right away.  He noticed a lot of hatred, expressed by extremely unkind words!!!!!  He thought the world was falling into pieces, so he tried to do something about it.  He typed up an appeal speech within a half hour and printed many copies.  He went around Chile and posted the speeches in many places within the 2 and half hours.  By then it was about 3pm.
It was very hard for me to comfort myself in my new way of living, and it was harder for me to deal with traveling to and fro from my parents’ houses and it was harder adapting to a new environment every six months, I went back and forth, back and forth to each of my parents’ houses. It was a very difficult time for me.
Because I was visiting my step dad, I really didn’t have anyone there for me.  At the time, my parents were each married to other people, and my mother was more focused on the children that were now hers because of the marriage. It was the fourth time, or seventh six-month period that I had been at my mother’s house. Ever since the last time that I’d been up there, things had been different. Before, she had given me the same amount of attention as everyone else, and sometimes even a little more. During the last six month period that I had been down their, my mother had her a baby, but this baby was her new husband’s child. Ever since she had his child, she’s become less and less like one of us, and more and more like one of them. Because she had a child with him, my mother acts differently, and doesn’t care about me that much anymore.
I finally had enough of this, and tried to talk to her about it. My stepdad overheard us talking, and said that she treats us all the same. My mother took his side again, and I became angry. So angry that I told her that I wished that she died, and stormed out of the house. My step dad ran out of the house to try to calm me down, but the second that he ran out of the house, the ground caved in, and the roof of my mother’s house felt downward, killing my mother and her other children.  I was speechless, I felt like it was all my fault, I didn’t know what to do. Devastated I was, I would still regret making this decision till this day. My mom disserved a better life. Everything she went through was all because of me; I should have understood her feelings when I had the chance. And may my mother Rest In Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment